I was emailing with my friend Kat and talking to her about my getting stuck in terms of writing. What to write about, aimless direction and just wanting to be more consistent. She suggested that she throw some interview questions my way to get my brain moving, thinking and well me just writing. So without further ado….
1. What has been the best thing about your day so far?
Waking up to Seven snuggled up to me and knowing my mom was upstairs. (she’s visiting from England)
2. When was the last time you wore a hat?
When I did a 1/2 Ironman in Miami.
3. Red or white? (Wine, that is. Be as specific as you like!)
Red shoes. White wine. (the more dry and mineral taste the better)
4. Where did you and your soul mate go on your first date? (If you and your soul mate are yet to cross paths, then describe a special place for you and your bff.)
Since it was a client of mine we went out under the guise that it wasn’t a date. But on that first non-date, we met for a drink at a cheesy chain restaurant by his office, moved on to a cozy Indonesian restaurant for dinner, then coffee & dessert at a euro cafe and finally and randomly playing video games at a sports bar. The locations certainly had no cohesiveness to them other than neither one of us wanted to the night to end so we kept coming up with random things to do.
5. What’s for dinner tonight?
I’ll let you know as soon as I figure that out. Probably something I pick up from the farmers market.
6. What was the first album you ever bought? (It can be a record, cassette or CD and you don’t have to confess which!)
Oh I am not sure of this at all. When I was in 3rd grade I did shows in the living room every night to Vivaldi Four Seasons, Muppets Take Manhattan and the soundtrack from Chorus Line. God help my parents.
7. Dark, milk or white? (Chocolate, that is. Happy to entertain debates as to the validity of white.)
8. What’s your favourite quote of all time?
Not a big quote person. Obama’s acceptance speech made me cry.
9. When someone says “childhood” what images and smells come to mind?
Lots and lots of sports, the smell of the e.r. because I was there a lot, cookies from the oven that my mom made from scratch, dress up rooms, lots of color, the backseat of the car on our next adventure, books.
10. When was the last time you had a big belly laugh, tears down your cheeks and all?
This weekend with my mom and Seven on a road trip to Chattanooga. It was fantastic.
11. What posters or prints did you have on your bedroom wall when you were growing up?
Embarrassing for sure. Don Johnson wet in a suit coming out of the ocean, Rick Springfield, Prince and lots of Duran Duran. As well as a few art prints with gymnastic photographs.
12. What’s your magazine of choice?
Lula for sure. It is ridiculously pretentious but so pretty to look at and visually inspiring.
13. When was the last time you listened to the radio?
15 minute ago.
14. What’s your favourite thing about your own handwriting?
That it reflects my mood.
15. What was the book that changed your life?
That’s hard! A Separate Piece, Franny and Zooey, Hello God It’s Me Margaret…
16. When your personal time capsule is opened in 200 years time, what five things will be found therein?
An amazing pair of shoes, a glamorous picture, a postcard from somewhere tiny and beautiful, journals and a small painting by my sister.
17. When was the last time you were part of a standing ovation?
Crossing the finish line at Ragnar Relay last November.
18. What’s your favourite stationery fetish?
Anything independent and letter-press.
19. Which of your creations are you most proud of and why? (If you have children, we’ll take that as read, so feel free to nominate something else!)
Seven for sure. Then Stories of Gen.
20. What are you going to do when you log off your computer?
Finish my latte and head into the office for a bit.